Behind the scenes, we reuse everything we possibly can and are always on the lookout for even better solutions to getting our bottles and jars of honey goodness safely to you.
Where we are now
- Our cartons are all made from FSC certified, sustainably sourced card and we print with non-toxic vegetable-based inks.
- Our full-size bottles and jars are made from glass, which can be recycled time and time again without loss of quality or purity.
- We use aluminium for the lids of our Honey Lip Nectars and are hoping to soon be able to swap our moisturiser lids over to this material too. Because glass and aluminium are endlessly recyclable, they are in fact near perfect circular economy materials!
- Our moisturiser lids are currently made from PP, which is a highly recyclable and widely recycled plastic. Please remove the insert in the top of the lid before popping it in the recycling bin. The insert is used to keep the jar airtight and our products fresh but is sadly currently non-recyclable - we're on the hunt for an eco alternative!
- We package our orders in cardboard boxes with paper gum tape and use loose corn-starch chips to protect your products when shipping. These chips can go into your compost or washed down the sink as they dissolve in water.
And we love repurposing our containers too! Our toner bottles make great misters for watering plants and our jars make handy little holders to keep bits and bobs in. We've even been known to serve puddings and compotes in our moisturiser jars!
Of course we couldn't do all this without you. We hope every product of ours finds a loving home wherever it lands and we truly appreciate your efforts to reuse and recycle wherever possible. Reusing, repurposing and recycling are key ways in which we can reduce our impact on the earth and we couldn't do it without your help to complete that loop! Thank you!
An even greener future
We are always looking at ways to improve our packaging and we'd love to be able to offer refills one day.
Shipping bottles and jars back to us isn't possible right now because of the extra delivery costs, transport miles and the risk of hygiene issues that may be introduced when filling second-use containers. We're keeping our eyes peeled for a sustainable system that meets out ideals!
At the moment we do not have a viable method of refilling products in-house and are yet to discover refill packets that are eco-conscious, non-leaching, plastic-free, beautiful and able to protect our fresh organic formulations. However, we hope a solution isn't too far away.
If you have any questions or have seen a refill idea that you think could work for us then please do drop us an email - we'd love to hear from you!